1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

Before and after pics

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Tharrell, Jun 7, 2006.

1. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

As some of you know, I lost my trailer about 3 weeks ago. My new one is ordered and I'll have it by about July 15th and it'll be worth the wait! Anyway, I'm making do with a small loaner. I also upgraded to a Drawtite hitch. Here's a couple of pics.

DSC00804.jpg

DSC00862.jpg

DSC00863.jpg

DSC00864.jpg

2. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

Hey, you're making the best out of a bad situation. Good job.

By the way, is Beechnut Park still out there? A friend of mine and I used to race cross-country quads there from about '90 until '93. Fun memories.:)

3. Tharrell

I was really into dirt racing. I owned Asbury Park in Westfield in the 80's. I've heard of Beech but never been there. By the way, have you ever gone over the bars on your 4 wheeler? It's like a refrigerator chasing you.

4. lawnspecialties

Too many times. I actually have a picture of my Suzuki Quadracer where the frame is split in two at the front. I was at Beechnut on a tight path. The quad drifted left just a little and I was gettin' it on pretty good. I did not know but there was an old fence post in the weeds and my left wheel hit. There I go over the bars on my back. I hit so hard, I could barely stand up. Didn't knock the wind out of me, just hit me like a ton of bricks. Fortunately, the quad got spun sideways or it would have have rolled me down. :dizzy:

5. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey man is that a bobcat hydro or classic gear drive? Do you like it? Is it easy to drive?

Cheers
    Jeff

6. Tharrell

It's a gear drive but, it's not a classic. The classics decks are welded onto the engine platforms. I have 2 like this.
    Oh and the racing. I cased a double jump in Florida about 18 years ago on my Honda ATC250r. Me and the trike tumbled down to the finish line and I ended up with my head between the front tire and the expansion chamber. I was trying to pass a guy for the lead and he brake checked me. I thought I could still make it. He knew I would have passed him because I was the only one doing the double. I did a major face plant that day.

Pensacola 1988 001 reduced.jpg

Pensacola 1988 02 reduced.jpg

7. lawnspecialties

......and lived to smile about it.:laugh: