Behia...

SharkBait01100

LawnSite Member
Hey guys,
Very proud new owner of a Grasshopper 526v. Currently 4hrs. logged with factory high-lifts and I'm coming across a surprising issue. The Duramax is pulverizing everything, like phenomenally, except behia stems?

My neighbor who's a landscaper is running a mid-mount 225, Bad Boy Outlaw, and has two other Scag units. They're running contour blades and some Copperhead high lifts and according to them, having no difficulty.

Any thoughts? Blades? Speed? (I was going pretty fast, but was still a little surprised being it handled everything else so good).

Youngandfree

LawnSite Fanatic
Hey guys,
Very proud new owner of a Grasshopper 526v. Currently 4hrs. logged with factory high-lifts and I'm coming across a surprising issue. The Duramax is pulverizing everything, like phenomenally, except behia stems?

My neighbor who's a landscaper is running a mid-mount 225, Bad Boy Outlaw, and has two other Scag units. They're running contour blades and some Copperhead high lifts and according to them, having no difficulty.

Any thoughts? Blades? Speed? (I was going pretty fast, but was still a little surprised being it handled everything else so good).
Seems like you might already know the answer.

Valk

LawnSite Platinum Member
I have zero experience w/ Bahia, fwiw.

Are you side-discharging or mulching or bagging?

Keep blades sharp AND slow down your forward motion.
About the only other variables an operator has control over are blade choice(s), engine/blade speed, keeping the deck clean via scraping and how wide of a swath one takes w/ each pass. Beyond these there are strategies of how best to mow an area where one is not continually re-mowing the discharged grass...or is choosing to re-mow the clippings to better disperse them.

Top Forums