1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about enhanced efficiency fertilizers with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum .

Dismiss Notice

Belgard 3pc Dublin soldier course

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by STL Ponds and Waterfalls, Jul 7, 2011.

1. STL Ponds and Waterfalls

STL Ponds and Waterfalls LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm doing a pond/patio design for some customers and she wants the Belgard dublin 3pc paver in Fossil Beige. What have you guy's used for the soldier course? The only Dublin paver I can buy for the SC is the 9x9 which usually would be fine, but this is a very small area and has some TIGHT curves. I know I don't have to have a SC, but it will look better for this area.

2. CALandscapes

CALandscapes LawnSite Senior Member

Run all 3 pieces in a sailor course (length-wise, on end) -- big small medium big small medium etc etc

If you look at our website I'm pretty sure we have some pictures of the Belgard 3-piece with that sailor course...

-Chase

3. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

Chase - I think you mean "string course". Meaning the pavers are in a line like a string.

4. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

you can't get 6x6's at all? 6x6 and 6x9 are both rather popular sizes.

5. zedosix

zedosix LawnSite Silver Member

I believe we call that one "paleo-modular" up here. I have used it countless times and we always just used the 3 random pieces in a soldier course. The 9" are nice but I agree they are a bit large for tight radius curves.

6. STL Ponds and Waterfalls

No we only can get 3pc layers or full cubes from our Belgard dealers.

That with a couple above idea's will work. I was just looking for more of a traditional soldier course, but I'm liking the random soldier course.

7. STL Ponds and Waterfalls

It's called a sailor course here as well.

8. xtreem3d

xtreem3d LawnSite Senior Member

9. robtown

robtown LawnSite Member
    from NJ

If you are using there hatch pattern you will be left with more 6x6 than anything else. Good luck