Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
23,143 Posts
Yeah...

I would have to say probably the biggest adjustment I had to make was in the way I treated the control bars.
With a belt drive there are times when I get right rough with it just to make it move.
With anything hydraulic the power is always there and roughness never helps.

So go real nice and easy on the controls, never go full stick suddenly and stuff like that,
a little change at a time does it, nice and slow and controlled precise movements.
Almost fingertip stuff, not quite but close.

That and stay alert, that is, don't get lazy on the bars.

·
Registered
2,695 Posts
Alas, if only I had an older brother with experience to lean on. :cry::cry::cry:
make sure you check the hydro fluid at the start of the day when you check your oil. a hydro is easy to figure out. just run it on your property and you'll get the hang of it in about 30 minutes. be sure and post some pics when you get it. :waving:

·
Registered
17,407 Posts
Get a replacement belt for the hydro and learn how to replace it before it breaks. And be sure the idler pulley is always good. If you let these belts rip themself apart they can tear up stuff and on some units they are as difficult as heck to replace.

·
Registered
4,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Get a replacement belt for the hydro and learn how to replace it before it breaks. And be sure the idler pulley is always good. If you let these belts rip themself apart they can tear up stuff and on some units they are as difficult as heck to replace.
I bought spare belts, blades, a spindle, a full rear tire assembly (so I can address flats at home, not on the job), mulching kit, and matching BOP thong. I'm hoping to keep breakdowns to minutes - not days...

·
Registered
929 Posts
Here's what you will need to do: after about 2 laps on a yard on that hydro, take it over to your trailer and park it. Then go and get a gas can. Take the gas can over to the belt drive mower. Pour gas over belt drive mower. Light match and throw on belt drive mower. Run away. You will not use the belt drive again!

·
Registered
4,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Here's what you will need to do: after about 2 laps on a yard on that hydro, take it over to your trailer and park it. Then go and get a gas can. Take the gas can over to the belt drive mower. Pour gas over belt drive mower. Light match and throw on belt drive mower. Run away. You will not use the belt drive again!
That's great! :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.