Belt drive walk behind

Jeff Blackston

LawnSite Member
I've read a bunch of threads on the inherent issues associated with a belt drive WB. Are there one or two brands / models that tend to do better than the rest? I'm just starting out and have a ride on, but was looking for a 32 - 36 for smaller properties. Thanks in advance. Also, if I missed a similar thread, can you point me to it, please?

Cam15

LawnSite Fanatic
I've read a bunch of threads on the inherent issues associated with a belt drive WB. Are there one or two brands / models that tend to do better than the rest? I'm just starting out and have a ride on, but was looking for a 32 - 36 for smaller properties. Thanks in advance. Also, if I missed a similar thread, can you point me to it, please?
Belt drive wb are actually reliable mowers. The problem people have with them is they take a lot out of because you have to man handle them. If you go with bobcat, scag or ferris. You'll be fine. Are you buying new or used?

hal

LawnSite Fanatic
I might sell mine, it's a 2006 36 inch, metro, ecs handles, 2 wheel veke.

Hawkshot99

LawnSite Silver Member
Not a whole lot to go wrong on a belt wb. And if it does, pretty cheap to fix vs a hydro.

They are decent machines, but once you start using a hydro, you can't go back. So much less tiring then a belt drive, and faster as you can use instant reverse for turns, or to back out of spots.