1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Belt tension on older ransomes

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by mvp landscaping llc, Jul 31, 2011.

1. mvp landscaping llc

mvp landscaping llc LawnSite Member

So I just got done tearing down and rebuilding my first engine. An older Kawasaki FB460V. Fired right up and runs great. Problem I am having is now the blades are always engaged. The belt is routed exactly the same as it was when I pulled the machine apart. I believe I put all the pulleys on the shaft correctly. Before I go and start making adjustments to anything I was wondering what could be wrong? I dont understand why I would have to adjust any of the tensioners when I never made any adjustments to get the engine off.... all the rods connected to the tensioner are working correctly. I used the old belt so there is no difference in tightness with the belt... I know it seems like a stupid question and I assume it is something minor that needs adjusting, any suggestions?????