1. Is Landscaping An “Essential Business” In Your Region?
    Read the timely article from Turf addressing this question. Click here to learn more.

COVID-19 Safety Procedures For Landscapers
    As you are working out in the field, maximize safety for you, your crews, and customers. Click here to learn more.

Dismiss Notice

Belts, Blades and More

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnnut, Jul 18, 2000.

1. Patrick.B

Patrick.B LawnSite Member

RESTOCKING FEED ? LOL Thats a good one ..Never heard a company charge you a restsocking feed cause you can't wait till it come in ..don't matter if he order the blades ,,,wonder how my customer feel if i charge them a ReStocking Feed ...Heck ..i can tell you how theys would feel.....CUSTOMER WILL NEVER CALL YOU AGAIN ..lol I deal with the dealership i bought all my equipments and cause theys always have what i want in Stock ''

2. brucec32

brucec32 LawnSite Platinum Member

Wrong answer. Poor attitude towards the customer. For the price of a restocking fee you have just lost a customer for life (and anyone he comes in contact with potentially)

It's not his fault you can't get him an item you show as carrying in a timely manner. Don't sell parts you don't have in stock or can't get quickly if you don't want to have to eat some fees from time to time. If you do get an order in for an out-of-stock item, call the customer and ask if they want to wait or cancel the order.

It's your responsibility to manage your inventory so that any item out of stock is listed as such on your website. Go to Exmark's website for promotional items and clothing. They have their current stock, down to each T shirt, right there for you to see before ordering. If you dont' have the technology to do this, then be prepared to have some canceled orders.

With dozens of other supplies of these blades, why should he wait on YOU? You're not the phone company. You can't hit people with charges for stuff that's not their fault and expect to stay in business.

I order from other catalog supply companies and have had items out of stock. I have simply called and canceled the item and had no problem doing so. Restocking fees are usually applied to items already sent to a customer that they return and that are not defective.

Oh yeah....if they're such a high demand item....how come you claim you have to charge an overstock fee because you get stuck with them or have to cancel your own order w/ your supplier? If they're so hot just sell them to the next guy.

3. brucec32

brucec32 LawnSite Platinum Member

You do realize you're saying all this in a public forum read by lots of lawn company owners?

4. 1grnlwn

1grnlwn LawnSite Bronze Member

Some people must not read all of the posts before responding. They are giving advise to a company that may not even exist? Looks like an enterprizing sales person has dug up an old one and made it current to get his Co. name spread around. Is there a rule against this? I dunno. well I have waisted more time here than I needed to.

5. Patrick.B

Patrick.B LawnSite Member

I agree with Brucec32 .........Very True !!