1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

belts

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by chuckers, Jun 19, 2004.

1. chuckers

chuckers LawnSite Senior Member

were is a good place on the internet to order belts for a walkbehind?

2. dfor

dfor LawnSite Senior Member

www.J-Thomas.com I've always been satisfied. Seemed to last longer than oem belts too.

3. Steppenwolf

Steppenwolf LawnSite Senior Member

dfor,
    How many hours are you getting out of J Thoumas belts? I am mainly concered with the engine to blade belt.I have been running Rotary belts,cost a little more but they last at least 250 hours and start to chunk and vibrate before they break so they don't get all tangled up in your clutch. I am using Scag 52 hydro wb's,I have tried using Dealers Brand belts(3) but averaged only 103 hours before they chuncked out. I will never,EVER use a SCAG BELT!! as a replacement,breaks and shreads apart into the clutch,time spent replacing belt,burt fingers,ouch!!!!!1 hour to replace Scag belt,5 minutes to replace Rotary belt. I usually correct the promblem before something happens on my weekly pm check.All of my units have over 3000 hours on them and belt s are usually the biggest headache,but a good pm will keep your units rolling.

4. dfor

dfor LawnSite Senior Member

I don't have an hour meter, but it seems like I replace belts yearly. $25 vs $40 for oem. I also get belts from Lesco.