Benefits of Stand-on Sprayer/Spreaders

DA Quality Lawn & YS

LawnSite Fanatic
Picked up a very low hour Z Jr36 last fall. Swore I wouldnt buy a Z....but this one was a really good deal so I took the dive. I'm thinking of loading up both my GL and Z on the trailer for daily routes. Could do quite a few lawns without refilling. Filling and mixing is the biggest time killer.

ryankndll

LawnSite Member
I ran into a guy in the city who had a steel green and zapray on his trailer, he said he likes the steel green for the parking break and fuel gauge but would buy the zspray because it handles slopes slightly better, other than that he don’t notice much difference, I think the steel green looks better on the trailer either way lol

ArTurf

LawnSite Fanatic
I ran into a guy in the city who had a steel green and zapray on his trailer, he said he likes the steel green for the parking break and fuel gauge but would buy the zspray because it handles slopes slightly better, other than that he don’t notice much difference, I think the steel green looks better on the trailer either way lol
I’ll guess the Zspray is better on hills due to locking casters, it’s the only patented part

DA Quality Lawn & YS

LawnSite Fanatic
I’ll guess the Zspray is better on hills due to locking casters, it’s the only patented part

I didn't sell my GL as I need to get to know the Z and its slope capability. Hopefully don't crash and burn down the hill.....

ArTurf

LawnSite Fanatic
I didn't sell my GL as I need to get to know the Z and its slope capability. Hopefully don't crash and burn down the hill.....
One thing I do when I know I’m going to work in hilly or wet areas is switch to a set of bar type tires. Makes a big difference. Tires are AT101

DA Quality Lawn & YS

LawnSite Fanatic
Be careful it sucks when you crash and burn how steep of hill do you have up there

Just a few steeper ditch sides. Nothing going down into water fortunately.

Top Forums