• Online Events For Landscapers!
    With GIE+EXPO cancelled, virtual education and product launches are filling up the fall. Check out dates for Caterpillar, Exmark, NALP, and more. Click here to learn more.

Benifits Advice

DanThe Grass Man61

LawnSite Member
I'm sure most of you guys know how much benifits are if your working for yourselfs,I work at UPS in the mornings 2 hours a day 4:30 to 6:30 am, and get full benifits, FOR FREE ,It's a great deal and I highly recomend it to anyone trying to make it in the Lawn Care biz, they have all kinds of shifts and they only hire part time, I also would suggest trying to get into an air hub ,some days we only work an hour, My wife was paying $330 a month for our family benifits , we dropped that,with the money we save there and the money I make at UPS were saving almost $700 a month.
Just a suggestion

metro-hp_48

LawnSite Senior Member
I know alot of people that deff. wanted to work at UPS, and some got on and loved it. Always figure it would be a good job. For the longest, most people I know, didn't consider the hourly wage nearly as important as the benefits at whatever job. Sounds like your a happy man. Got to be happy at what you do, or to me it's not worth doing.

Kelly's Landscaping

LawnSite Platinum Member
Well not quite for free you are waking up at that ungodly hour. If you can do it great but I have a hard enough time getting up for 8am that time is sending shivers up my spine. What time are you going to bed in order to make that work time. I know in my business I am sometimes still working at 10 pm on some estimate or paper work that wouldnt leave much time to sleep.

KenH

LawnSite Bronze Member
When I first started lawn care, I tried the part time job thing. Ended up my biz suffered a bit, ie. lack of time, too tired, pushed making phone calls/paperwork aside, etc. What works for me is to pick up a few extra jobs during the course of the season to make up for the pay/benefits of a part time job. This way, I only concentrate on my business.