1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum.

Dismiss Notice

Ben's Landscape

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Ben's Landscape, Jul 24, 2009.

1. Ben's Landscape

Ben's Landscape LawnSite Bronze Member

yeah i just dnt know what color to paint the trailer. black or red? I was thinking black the equipment is red and maybe do my side boards black

2. bobcat48

bobcat48 LawnSite Gold Member

Yeah.i say black too.since most our black i know u can get them in blue,green,red etc..but black is regular so it would look nice..hope it helps a little lol

3. Ben's Landscape

yea i was leaning more towards black because all the equpiment is red and the truck is red and i think if the trailer was red it would be to much red you know?

4. bobcat48

Yeah.sounds good.yeah since your ford is red and u got the toros red and the redmax stuff.yeah..

5. Ben's Landscape

yea. speakin of fords i got to find a new rear differencial for it and just did the transmission

6. bobcat48

Yeah.ok awesome..

7. Kennedy Landscaping

Kennedy Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Nice addition Ben! That's a neat looking trailer, a little paint and some elbow grease it'll look awesome. Especially with some DOT tape. I want to get more for mine too lol :D . Switching it to LEDs is good too, I did that on both of my trailers and I won't ever go back. I can't wait to be finished with school, I'm working non stop day after day cutting trees and cutting grass. Been very hectic.

8. J & D Greens

J & D Greens LawnSite Senior Member

Ah, now you've arrived. Just kidding Ben, the trailer looks great and functional. I'm very envious of how far you have come in a short time. Congratulations!!!!! David

9. Ben's Landscape

WOW sounds very hectic. I havent been that busy but I guess its good in one way because I start school next week. Thats exactly why I bought that trailer it was different and around here (RI) I think its the only one so I figure if someting happend to it i would be able to tell its mine. Also the trailer is soo much heavyer than a normal 6*12 you can honestly feel it being there with my truck and I have the diesel.

Has anyone towed with a Pintle hitch? I have one for the trailer and was thinking of switching from the ball type of hitch to a pintle.

10. Ben's Landscape

Hahahahahahahahaha I have always been here!! Thanks yes the trailer is very functional there is so much storage on that trailer its amazing. there is a tounge tool box that isnt seen because its level with the a frame in the frount i will get a pic of it soon. also that cage is the biggest I have seen on that size trailer. The midle section of it locks and the top is open. In the middle section I have right now 4 36? gallon garbage cans and some other things with room stil there. I am 6'4" and i can just reach the top of the box.

I just have to do some welding on the gate and the cage. The gate just the mesh has broken away from the gate frame. And the cage a hinge rusted up and broke.

Thanks for all the comments on the trailer. Keep them coming!