Bermuda Bad

OP
The Zen Master

The Zen Master

LawnSite Member
One more question - remember, I am a novice. Am I supposed to mow every three days even if the grass is damp? The weather has been miserably humid / damp here in hell this entire last... 6-years...

OP
The Zen Master

The Zen Master

LawnSite Member
One more question - remember, I am a novice. Am I supposed to mow every three days even if the grass is damp? The weather has been miserably humid / damp here in hell this entire last... 6-years...

This 3-yr Bermuda experiment has made me nuts - it was just the new growth tips so I figured it was ok and waited for most of the dew to dry up and mowed it.

Wet_Boots

LawnSite Fanatic
Well don't knock your 500 sq ft lawn. My landscaping ideas would be like a dozen cinderblocks supporting three clunkers on their axles. :)

campercabinonwheels.jpg

OP
The Zen Master

The Zen Master

LawnSite Member
I'd like to make sure I know exactly what these weeds are so that I can be sure I am prepared for them next year. It is overcast so the photos are not the best.

A. Do not know what weed this is.
View attachment 451942

B. This seems to be different than A but I am not sure.
View attachment 451943

I've dug lots of these out - I hate them.
View attachment 451945

This is the test strip I mowed at lowest mower setting 3-weeks ago - its looking better than any area of the lawn has ever looked.
View attachment 451946

This is the "good" section of my lawn that I mowed at lowest mower setting last Tuesday
View attachment 451947

I do not know what the weeds are except for the crab grass but I am going to mix up some Bioadvanced Lawn Weed & Crabgrass Killer (a 2,4-D and Quinclorac product - its what I have on hand) and spot spray what I can without spraying the Bermuda / spraying as little of the Bermuda as possible.

In all the years that I have admired beautiful lawns back in Scottsdale where I lived for 30-years, I never thought of what it takes to make them beautiful.

OP
The Zen Master

The Zen Master

LawnSite Member
Want to see what their yards look like ....

No you don't - ain't nothing like Scottsdale anywhere around here, even in what they call an upscale subdivision in this neck of the waste lands.

I have made a special point of looking for nice lawns during my travels around here, and there ain't none. Folks just get drunk and mow their weeds when they get around 18" tall...

OP
The Zen Master

The Zen Master

LawnSite Member
I just cannot believe how fast my lawn is greening up.

I am really surprised. That PGF Complete that I applied according to @takervader instructions, must really work!

Top Forums