• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

Bermuda Extermination!

dplawn

LawnSite Senior Member
You guys give me some ways of exterminating the bermuda in the lawn? I have a mixture of bermuda and fescue. Trying to get a all fescue lawn any Ideas?

GKchris311

LawnSite Member
I'd love to see a good answer to this one. We have a few customers with bermuda starting to take over their lawn (which is not a good thing around here) and we have a lot of trouble dealing with it last year. I mainly used Ester last season and it worked somewhat but I had to spray often and heavy to supress it and I never quite eliminated it.

IN2MOWN

LawnSite Platinum Member
Kill it all off and start over with fescue seed or sod.

titanup04

LawnSite Member
There is a product called Ornamec that advertises being able to control bermuda. I have not tried it, but from what I have read you have to time the application perfectly (when chutes are 4" long or some BS like that). I have had pretty good luck with killing and reseeding in the fall although it's just a matter of time before it will start creeping back in.

IN2MOWN

LawnSite Platinum Member
So what do you think? Is it a better idea for me to be telling my customers I simply can't eliminate their bermuda?

That you "can't" or you "won't"?

There are plenty of ways to do it. It all depends on how much they want to spend.

Like I said earlier I would just kill the area off and reseed it.