Besides grass ...what else do I need?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Smitty58, Apr 24, 2003.

  1. Smitty58

    Smitty58 LawnSite Senior Member
    Messages: 531

    New guy here ,been doing remodeling for years and need a change. So I went out and bought a 36" Exmark w/b after reading all the things you experienced guys said about it. I also have a enclosed trailer, Stihl fs55 trimmer ,21" Cub Cadet ,and various rakes and such. So other than customers is there anything else I need to get? Thanks in advance to all.
  2. Green Pastures

    Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member
    Messages: 2,457

    Yeah, your business license, business insurance, your federal tax ID number, applicators license and a bookeeping program like Quickbooks.
  3. Pugsly

    Pugsly LawnSite Member
    Messages: 59

    on a sole propriatorship isn't your tax number your ssn?
  4. NYRookie

    NYRookie LawnSite Member
    Messages: 240

    I would say insurance, leaf blower and apply for your tax #, which is your ss#. Check to see if you need to be licensed, I don't. If you want to apply any fertilizer, make sure you have your license.

Share This Page