Besides money....

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by South Hills Lawns, Jul 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mumblingboutmowers

Mumblingboutmowers LawnSite Senior Member

No kids here, so I get away cheap with that.

sjessen and JLSLLC like this.
  2. sjessen

sjessen LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Knoxville, Tn

We have a "higher" calling and work to hear "Well done."

Check out the verse in @Cam15's profile. This should be our motto.

I wished i did better with this.

Tara Ann and Cam15 like this.
  3. sjessen

sjessen LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Knoxville, Tn

Eventually, the cream rises to the top.

Cam15 likes this.
  4. Mumblingboutmowers

You most likely just worked for some bad companies. I had a factory job for a couple years at one time and got along great with my bosses and worked super hard and all the overtime I could get and was promoted after my first few months of being there to a pretty good position. I still am good friends with my immediate boss from that place.

Cam15 and sjessen like this.
  5. Mumblingboutmowers

I agree, many companies do suck to work for. That's why I don't work for them and do what I do. That is one of the reasons why I do what I do.

6. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

yeah i understand. it works if you work for yourself but it doesn't work in the modern day workplace out there. you just wear yourself out for nothing doing more than expected and burn yourself out making yourself useless when you get off work. i've been there and done it. it's sad but true.

i'd like to think that hard work pays off but it doesn't seem to be the case anymore. they just work you to an early grave and then replace you and move on after you are dead and gone. they don't care about you at all. all they care about is the bottom line.

sure they'll provide good healthcare because after all once you retire you are sure gonna need it from all those years of hard work. :laugh:

7. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

i worked for honda. it's pretty much the best paying job you can get in my area without having a degree.

...and you can see i no longer work there. i got sick of that mess. i certainly will never work in a factory ever again in my life. i'd rather die first. i mean it's seriously that bad. it's crazy.

sjessen likes this.
  8. sjessen

sjessen LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Knoxville, Tn

It is possible you gave up too soon.

I'm poking you tonight but I really do like you. I want you to know that.

9. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

who knows man? i may be 80 years old still mowing a few lawns to make ends meet. I'll just pass out and die in someone's yard and they can drag me off. i mean really what difference does it make?

you can die in a nursing home, hospital, house, or whatever.

i guess when your time is up then it's up. not much you can do about it.

10. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

well i'm sure after working there 30 years you might eventually get a better job just in time right before you retire. :laugh:

honestly there were 3000 people in line in front of me for the better jobs that came available. imagine how many years it would take for me to be the next in line? probably at age 69 one year before retirement. :laugh:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.