Best 21" mower

geeman

LawnSite Member
Well, it finally happened to me. Sometime over the last week, someone broke into my enclosed trailer and stole 2 lawnboy mowers. Both were at least 6 years old, but I could have gotten at least another season out of them. Anyway, now I'm in the market for a new (maybe 2) 21" mower. Since I really haven't looked at them recently, I would like some help on the best 21" mower(commercial or residential). I would greatly appreciate any opinions anyone would have.

Depending on how many hours a week they will be used, you are going to get a lot of different answers. Some will say to buy cheapos and replace every year. Others will say to buy a nice commercial unit that will last many years. If these are your primary mowers, I would get something reliable. I own a high end resi toro unit that gets used on a couple properties each week. Maybe 1 hour of use per week. I have had it for 1.5 years with no problems.
Posted via Mobile Device

Jimslawncareservice

LawnSite Platinum Member
How much use (hours per week) do you put on them? I use mine a lot, so I got an exmark 21 x series with the kawi and blade break. I wouldn't go to a residential mower again, unless it was for chopping weeds or ditch mowing.
Posted via Mobile Device

OrangeToys

LawnSite Bronze Member
If you have to have a push mower look at the new Toro one they just came out with a 30" deck.