Best 36 inch to buy

Discussion in 'Florida Lawn Care Forum' started by Johnny banannas, Nov 20, 2019.

1. Johnny banannas

Johnny banannas LawnSite Member
    from Orlando

I'm new to this forum, I am considering a startup, and wondering about others experiences with buying a brand new 36 inch commerical mower. I like the Bradley 36 stander but there are no dealers local. When do the best rebates and incentives happen and where?

2. J&S Outdoor Solutions

J&S Outdoor Solutions LawnSite Member

I’ve personally run Gravely pro-stance in the 36” and 52” with the Kawi and kholer motors and I absolutely love them. I definitely work my equipment hard and they take it very well.

3. Bumpmaster

Bumpmaster LawnSite Fanatic

Buy what is local an get to no dealer, he can run the logistics of a solo operator. That said get an Exmark.

Cam15 and zlandman like this.
  4. zlandman

zlandman LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

I like the scag. But really all are pretty decent. Don't let a $500 price difference steer you one direction or another, get the best machine for the job. rebates and incentives are gimmicks to cloud your judgment.

5. hal

hal LawnSite Silver Member
    from Georgia

I like the Bradley, but with that said, look for a nearly new stand on. How much would it be used? If a lot it might be worth getting a new one.

6. Utah Lawn Care

Utah Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

What is the average lawn size in your area? Are lawns mowed weekly or every other week? I use Exmark 30's and can give you good feedback on them if your lawns are small enough.

7. ken johnson

ken johnson LawnSite Member

I am definitely subscribing to this thread, I want to know honest opinions of the bradley 36 as I am in need for a 36 due to the walk behind getting old. I dont have alot of use for the wb and want to have a back up mower.

8. rippinryno

rippinryno LawnSite Silver Member

Plenty of options in this department. I would look into a wright stander, they are hands down, the best stand on mower in the smaller size. Nothing else compares and you'll run it for a decade before it breaks. A bradley 36" will get your started, but they are not on the same level, they'll cut grass and likely hold up.

Wright has a newer line of Stander B mowers that are priced lower because they aren't quite as heavy duty, but still of quality.

9. hal

hal LawnSite Silver Member
    from Georgia

Depends on you and what you are looking for and willing to pay. The Bradley is a very good mower for the money. If you are very concerned about dealer presence and warranty work the Bradley will be a problem for you. It isn't with me at all. We will do our own work on our time, most parts they will send to you in about the same time span a dealer will get it. If you are mechanically inclined this is a benefit. You should be mechanically inclined any way in this business. It's just common sense and very smart. I have used a dealer once in all my years of doing this on warranty work, Grasshopper 225 blew a hole in the Kohler engine side at 60 hours. New engine. The Wright is a very good choice going up the ladder, it all depends on your direction you want to go.

Cam15 and hort101 like this.