1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Best 36" WB vaule opinions????

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ommegang, May 28, 2011.

1. ommegang

ommegang LawnSite Member

I have a 52" Ferris for larger properties. I also have to mow 8 city lots including 3 corner lots. My 19" standard push mowers gets old quick. What's the best value out there considering my application? I own and maintain rental properties. $2000 is what I would like to stay around. I sold my 48" Exmark in order to downgrade to a 36"

Thanks in advance for replies!

2. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

Your not going to find any new 36" commercial units for $2000 unless you go with a Chinese made red hawk.

3. VanAllen's Lawn Service

VanAllen's Lawn Service LawnSite Member

CRAIGSLIST!!!!! :weightlifter:

4. VanAllen's Lawn Service

VanAllen's Lawn Service LawnSite Member

5. GPDesign1

GPDesign1 LawnSite Senior Member

6. ommegang

ommegang LawnSite Member

Alright, considering 0% financing for three years out there till July, perhaps $3000. I will look at Gravley, Exmark, and Husq, Bobcat. All belt drive.

7. Greg78

Greg78 LawnSite Silver Member

Any reason you don't want to look at used? I picked up a 36" eXmark TTHP for $1200(also got a Stihl edger, trimmer and blower in the deal). Best walk behind I've had, dual hydro, easy to adjust height with a 15 HP Kawasaki.

8. ommegang

ommegang LawnSite Member

How many hours/year on that Emark? I sold my 48" 1998 for $800 so, I don't mind spending a littler money. Would love to stay aoriund $1200 like you though. What is TTHP? Turf Tracer Horse power?

9. Greg78

Didn't have an hour meter judging from the looks I'd say 500-700 hours. Got it in 2009 it is 2001 model. I have used it every day since then, had to replace the coil and thats it.

TTHP is Turf Tracer HP which is the S series now. http://exmark.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProductType=7

10. Greg78

Are you looking for gear drive or hydro? Do you change height a lot? Pistol grips okay?