Best 48" Walk behind under 5K

Stringblade

LawnSite Member
Hello all,

I have always used Toro but Im not stuck on it by any means. I need a new 48" hydro mower

Please tell me what mower you think is best for the money and are hydro pistol grips rough on hands like the belt drives?

dishboy

LawnSite Fanatic
Hello all,

I have always used Toro but Im not stuck on it by any means. I need a new 48" hydro mower

Please tell me what mower you think is best for the money and are hydro pistol grips rough on hands like the belt drives?

I went from a Bobcat pistol belt to a Exmark TTHP with ECS and the spring pressure and fatigue factor was much worse IMO on the Exmark Hydro.

KPW LawnCare

LawnSite Senior Member
Go with the Better Outdoors Product Duick 44'' dually.

OP
S

Stringblade

LawnSite Member
I always wondered about the better outdoor products, I mean the price looks great the size and weight also but are they really comparable to toro exmark scag etc..? maybe someone who owns them could give me some insight

Thanks in advance

MikeKle

LawnSite Platinum Member
I think the exmark viking 48" hydro is under $5K, it is a fixed deck hydro, but it has the ECS controls which alot of people do not like, but then again, lots of folks do like them. Exmarks hydros are pretty good too, Ive had a TT and TTHP for years with no issues on either hydro, never even had to add fluid yet!

DirtRider

LawnSite Member
There are deals to be had if you look hard enough. I just bought a Toro 48", floating deck, hydro with a mulch kit OTD for $5600. A little over the price you are looking for.

Top Forums