1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Best 60" ZTR

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by brucec32, Feb 9, 2005.

1. brucec32

brucec32 LawnSite Platinum Member

I'd like to know from owners opinions on what 60" ZTR they feel has reliability, good traction, and most of all a good cut and dispersion of clippings.

2. CharlieBingo

CharlieBingo LawnSite Senior Member

I'd have to say the Lazer Z. Dependability is the main reason they have worked out all the bugs; their vac system(ultra vac) is awesome. I've given this question a lot of thought and yes I've tried and owned just about all of them. I love trying new stuff. Another bonus is resale,when the time comes you can sell them fast.

3. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

I think all the major players are pretty damn close. I think a Dixie Chopper would work quite well for you in S. Florida.

4. brucec32

brucec32 LawnSite Platinum Member

Oops, I'm talking about back in Atlanta. I am moving this month back from S. Florida. It would be cutting Tall Fescue and weedpatch lawns mostly so I'm looking for something to cut tall grass well.

5. K&L Landscaping

K&L Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

John Deere 757 60"!! The deck leaves a beautiful cut and throws clippings out real well. The side discharge chute from the deck is really wide. Find a dealer and let them set you up with a demo.

6. Precision

Precision LawnSite Silver Member

my experience with 60's is limited to my gravely PM 260. But it cuts tall grass like a champ. I have a ditch that I mow once a month in season. The ditch is about 150 ft wide and 1/2 mile long. With the bahia and weeds in full season that is some serious growth to cut thru and I can still get about 3-4 miles per hour out of her with nearly full swath cutting (so long as I discharge out). I run doubles for that. This year I am thinking about switching to meg mow blades.

I only have 120 hours on it, but the only problem I have had was a leak in the hydraulic reservoir. Fixed under warranty. anything else has been user error and minor at that. She is pretty heavy though if that is a concern.

7. Precision

Precision LawnSite Silver Member

examples during and after.

E side drainage smaller file.jpg

E side drainage mowed smaller file.jpg