• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

Best all around spray applicator????

Creative1

LawnSite Member
I have been around this in my head a thousand times and always second guess myself. I have always thought best way to spray was w/ a 100-200 gal skid sprayer mounted on a trailer. BUT, I have never done larger size yards. Now, I have a yard that is a little over an acre and have picked up some half acre lots, etc. I have people telling me I'm gonna work myself to death dragging that hose around all day. SOOOO......What is the best ALL AROUND unit for spraying large, small, and everything in-between yards????? Thanks so much and any advice is very much appreciated!!!!!

CHARLES CUE

LawnSite Gold Member
My Question to you is What are you spraying. Herbicides only -Herbicides fert combo and if yes what kind of fert ??
Charles Cue

Grandview

LawnSite Gold Member
Best all around unit is a Z-Spray Intermediate, with 2 extra tanks, and a hypro HI-Flow 140-08 broadcast nozzle. This unit has speed, flexibility, and options that can handle yards from 3K to 10 acres and more. Plus it will handle any hill that is mowed. If you need more info let me know.

RAlmaroad

LawnSite Silver Member
I have been around this in my head a thousand times and always second guess myself. I have always thought best way to spray was w/ a 100-200 gal skid sprayer mounted on a trailer. BUT, I have never done larger size yards. Now, I have a yard that is a little over an acre and have picked up some half acre lots, etc. I have people telling me I'm gonna work myself to death dragging that hose around all day. SOOOO......What is the best ALL AROUND unit for spraying large, small, and everything in-between yards????? Thanks so much and any advice is very much appreciated!!!!!
Kentucky, land of bluegrass and thoroughbreds!-- The best is what works for you! My average lawn is over 1/2 acre with trees, bushes, flower beds, walks, drives, etc. I devised or copied a small sprayer on wheels with only a 150' hose. It takes longer to remix than it does with a 5' walking boom. The boom allows to spray tight corners, around trees without any problems or leaks or overspray. The unit is light when empty that just me can slid from the truck to the roll-a-round.

Discover what is available and adapt to your situation; you'll be happier than just going with the flow.

I'm down here in Tennessee with same stuff but fescue and I use this setup on my own lawn which is over 4 acres.

Young Bros

LawnSite Senior Member
I'm down here in Tennessee with same stuff but fescue and I use this setup on my own lawn which is over 4 acres.
If you are in Tennessee then why does your profile say SC? :confused: