best attatchment for snowremoval

JML

LawnSite Senior Member
i just bought a bobcat 753, what do you think the most productive attatchment would be, snow blower, snow blade, bucket, etc. thanks

joe

SlimJim Z71

LawnSite Senior Member
Lots of variables in that one. If you get frequent storms that produce large amounts of snow, I would opt for the blower. If you're working an area that needs to be cleaned every 2-inches, go for the blade. You can get a wider blade, and cover more area, all while still being able to scoop and lift like a bucket. Just my .02

-Tim

GeoffDiamond

LawnSite Bronze Member
I second the blade. Unless you are doing large parking lots. My skid steers are doing condos, so I use the blade.

Geoff

[Edited by GeoffDiamond on 12-28-2000 at 10:29 PM]

HC

LawnSite Member
While plowing one of our customers lots, I watch another company clearing an adjacent lot with a skid steer and a pusher box. He finishes long before me. The little bugger even stacks the snow twice as high as my pickup. O well, at least I am warmer and can drink my coffee while I plow. Go for a protech or avalance!!

plowking35

LawnSite Bronze Member
look at the ffc pusher box. it allows you to back drag from garage doors, along with the capture ability of a regular pusher box.
Dino

Michael Fronczak

LawnSite Member
I have a new 753 with 8' blade we use in townhouse complexs, works great except on hills or in heavy snow, plenty of power, not enough weight. If I was to do over again I would have bought 7' blade & put Pro-wings on. Bobcat also makes an end kit for their plows, turns plow into pusher, sides fold back when not in use. If you decide to go with a full size pusher I would buy a 6'. All depends on you use.