1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

best blower for my buck?

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by DylanK, May 16, 2006.

1. DylanK

DylanK LawnSite Member

okay... im in a dilema... i have about 5 lawns that i do as of now and i need a backpack blower for grass cliipings and leaves during fall clean-up...i dont want something too expensive but i want something thats going to do the job...i dont want ebay...please help me!!!

2. dwost

dwost LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm an obsessed homeowner and went with the Husky 145T. I got mine at Lowe's for $300. After using this for a full season I'd definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a good mid range unit. Now, If I was going full boat I'd be wearing a Redmax 8000 on my back but for my needs the 145 is perfect.

3. Ron's Lawncare

Ron's Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

i'm a big redmax fan but my dealer had me try the echo pb751 it is a great blower slightly more powerfull than a redmax eb7001 but only cost $459.00 at the dealer the eb7001 was $499.99 i did end up buying thr echo after demoing it. i really did want the redmax eb8000 but the $599.99 price tag was to much in my opinion.

Ron

4. T.Wells

T.Wells LawnSite Member
    from PA

I was in the same boat. Homeowner here but I split the difference and went with the Redmax 7001. Great unit, starts right up and lots of power.

-T.Wells

5. scagwildcat

scagwildcat LawnSite Senior Member
    from nw. ct.

if your going to use it (light duty) i would look into the echo bp i have had one for 6 years now, it starts right up. has plenty of power. the reason i bought mine was i didnt want to use a $600 blower just to blow grass clippings off the side walk and have it trashed by the time fall cleanup came around, so i use the echo durring the summer and save the $600 bp. blower for the big jobs, it also makes them last longer as blowers are used wide open....