Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a been wondering what types of blowers + trimmers everyone out there uses. I have mostly echo. I have had good luck with reliability etc. with them for the most part (aside from them costing a small fortune) I am one who realizes that you get what you pay for. anyone out there had any luck with other makes?? Thinking about trying out a John Deere trimmer this spring. ---jake

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
We use Shendowa (I think that is how you spell it) limateds, for our trimmers. We use redmax ( i don't know wich kinde just that they are the top of the line/most expnsev. So that is what we use they are both over $500(i think) so they are on the expensive side.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Is used on as many of my posts as possible.

I just thought with him inquiring the proper spelling might help.

Cripes I took 5 minutes rummaging thru old brochures til I found something with the name. -- LOL

kris

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
shindaiwa weed wackers & edgers .... they start every time run & forever (the Ehco 3100 for heavy stuff ...super nice )....husqvarna back back is lite with plenty of bal!s & work everytime

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
Use the search feature on this forum. There is a lot of info on this topic.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Green Finger i have to agree, i have two 2601 echoes, and they do kick. I also looked at those kawasakies John and they also were impressive, i just posted about the makita, they sure felt nice, 30cc weight 11.5-lb. Im just looking around might try the makita this spring.

·
Registered
356 Posts
i use Shindawa line trimmers.Red max and Vandermolen backpacks.so far -so good! stay away from the cheap crap and invest your money in good equipment.it will pay off over time and you will thank yourself for buying the best.

·
Registered
553 Posts
I'm using a Sthil BG 75 Blower and a Husqurvna 322L Grass Trimmer. Both are of high quality and would buy those brands again. Blower priced at about $175.00 Trimmer at about $279.00. Both of COMMERCIAL QUALITY.
Good Luck,
Mowman

·
Registered
430 Posts
I also have a Stihl BG75 but only use that to blow around my garage door. A hand held unit wouldn't even come close to moving the leaves on a customers yard. I have a couple of the Redmax backpacks (one is battery start) and one Echo backpack. I use the Echo for a trimmer and also the edger but wish they were more powerful. Might try someone else this season. Trouble is, most anything around here that is really commercial quality starts at way over $300.
Cleve....

[Edited by Cleve on 01-09-2001 at 06:38 PM]

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
2 back packs, 2 handhelds, 2 hedge trimmers, 1 pole trimmer, 6 weedeaters. All Shindaiwa, I will buy nothing else. Easy to maintain and always start and run perfect.

·
Registered
34 Posts
We have used Shindawia trimmers (T230 & T27)for nine years. The T27's are still going and about indistructable though heavy after a long day. The Shindawia blowers are excellent in my opinion as well, we are still running some old ones and they just won't die.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
I still have a t27 that I use everyday personally. The other 5 are t270's. They are built well, the only thing I replace is clutches. THe weight isn't too bad, after you get use to it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.