1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Best book on Turf Grass

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by ecoguy, Jan 26, 2010.

1. ecoguy

ecoguy LawnSite Member
    from Duncan

Let the debate begin.

2. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

James Beard, Turfgrass Science and culture.

3. rob7233

rob7233 LawnSite Senior Member

What books are best and applicable depends on what the prevalent turfs types are for YOUR area are. Best books? - go ahead and PM me and I'll let you know. Short on time now.

4. Smallaxe

Smallaxe LawnSite Fanatic

The best book is written, is by you.

What works in your POV, and Why - matters... Botany has 'basic concpts - you - have the details... The Ivy League -- dominates, because, you have nothing to offer... I beg to differ... What you make happen - is writing the History - of 'Organic Lawn Care' of the 21st Century... Go ahead -- Step outside, the 'Box'.

5. ecoguy

ecoguy LawnSite Member
    from Duncan

haha, that first sentence was poetic Smallaxe. I totally agree with you actually. Inspiring words. My challenge is just continuing to learn the fundamentals so I'm able to create anew. I'm taking a course on Saturday on Organic Turf Management, so that should help. As you've probably guessed, I'm quite new to the biz and have basically spent the last 6 months reading, networking, researching and talking with sharp people like yourself. I'm way farther along then I was when I started with a long way to go. Thanks for all your help. I look forward to more conversations.

6. Smallaxe

Smallaxe LawnSite Fanatic

Ecoguy,

Disarming me, with flattery - is unfair... So let me say that "Organic Turf Management" classes could be a bunch of 'huweeey'.

Hope , I'm wrong... let us know if something makes sense, in the real world... :)

7. ecoguy

ecoguy LawnSite Member
    from Duncan

Smallaxe. Disarm you? I didn't know I was a target. Either way, I'm glad. Yeah, I'm really excited about the class. I'll let you know what I learn and how it translates to every day lawn.

8. froglawn

froglawn LawnSite Member

Purdue Extension...not a book but EXCELLENT resource