1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum.

Dismiss Notice

Best Brake controler? Prodigy or Activator II

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by vanguard, Feb 18, 2006.

1. vanguard

vanguard LawnSite Member

Hey guy's how about some "fresh" input on this subject, as newer products come out/ new opinions. did a search and allot of the info was like 3 years old!

I'm pulling a duel axle 7x14, should weigh in around 7500lb

I pulling with a 2000 F-150 7700 w/ the tow group,so can the controller be just plugged in or will I have to do some "hard wiring"

Thanks in advance. :)

2. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

Prodigy.....

3. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

I don't know if it's the best, but I have a Tekonsha. It's all our Truck Store carries, they claim it's the 'best'.

I didn't know what a prodigy was... Now I see that it's made by Tekonsha. lol

maybe a source to buy one? http://www.brakecontroller.com/

4. DLS1

DLS1 LawnSite Bronze Member

All the research I found says Tekonsha Prodigy. I bought one off ebay for $95 about 2 weeks ago and was free shipping. Have not got it on put the truck yet. I saw on the internet that Tekonsha is also making the exact same one as the Prodigy but sold under the Draw-tite name but can't remember what it is called.

Okay I found it. It is called the Draw-tite Intella-Stop Ultra.

5. TWUllc

TWUllc LawnSite Senior Member

Prodigy. .

6. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

You can go cheap on whatever else you want, but safety is one thing I refuse to skimp out on...stick with the best, prodigy.

7. vanguard

vanguard LawnSite Member

Thanks guys,
    I just bought the Draw-Tite Intelli-Stop 2.6 (same as Prodigy)on eBay for under $90 delivered.

Thanks for all your input :dancing: