Lawn Care Forum banner

What is the best brand of power equipment?

• Echo

Votes: 11 18.6%
  • Stihl

Votes: 17 28.8%
  • Redmax

Votes: 18 30.5%
  • Shindaiwa

Votes: 10 16.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 5.1%
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
It's such a broad question, but here's what we're running at Freshcut Lawncare....

Line Trimmers - Husquvarna's, Echo's, & 1 Honda (Heavy)

Hedge Trimmer - Stihl's, formerly Kawa's

Stihl Line trimmer with Roto-tiller (amazing) and Hedge trimmer attachments

Mowers - Exmark ZTR's, Exmark WB, Kubota Mid-Mount(Money pit), John Deere Front Mount

Push Mowers - Honda 21" HRX's

Blowers - Echo PB 650's

...Don't know if this helps.... ;)

·
Registered
8 Posts
HK45Mark23 is right on point. I don't know how true it is but a Shin dealer was telling me that after having all these companies spend millions on research in order to comply with the new emission standards Cali went and changed its requirements and now only the C4 technology from Shin and the Strato from Red Max comply. I demoed the C4 it's powerful but a bit heavier than my Red Maxs.

I'm looking to purchase some new hedge trimmers so I'm very interested in the replys to this one.

As far as blowers there's no competition for Red Max right now which is why Shin buys thier engines.

I'm partial to Ferris WBs and don't have ZTR yet so looking forward to feedback here as well

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
I own shindaiwa because I've opened up both stihls and shindaiwa's, and have seen the quality and high standards that shindaiwa has. the stihl was well built, but I think shindaiwa has a bit of an edge. I have not gotten a chance to look inside a redmax engine. the distributor is extremly slow on parts, or so says the dealer, so I haven't bothered to buy one.

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
We had some old echo stuff - went to Kawa. Great machines. Dealer dropped them b/c of sales and stirctly has Red max and maruayma. Since last fall we have 6 handheld blowers and 8 trimmers - all red max. I still like of Kawa hedge trimmer though. The design, the feel of the machine, and it takes a beating but keeps going all day. All our chainsaws our husky and Jonsreed - the newer saws being a jonsreed.

·
Registered
69 Posts
String trimmers >Shindawa no contest...Bulletproof
hedge trimmers>shindawa...see above
21' commercial mowers>Toro...great cut...Honda's are too heavy
Blowers> Echo...takes alickin and keeps on tickin
chain saws>echo, stihl can't go wrong with either
ZTR's undecided...i have had two still not sure
walk behinds> not sure, Toro, exmark

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.