1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Best Buy for the Buck

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by BVLAWNCARE, Nov 19, 2004.

1. BVLAWNCARE

BVLAWNCARE LawnSite Member

Hey, how is everyone doing tonight?
    I was sitting here and starting to get preped for next season and I am going to be buying another mower. This time I'm looking at a 36" and I'm trying to decide to get a Great Dane Super Surfer 36", Bob-Cat Gear Drive 36", Quick 36, and the Bunton 36" Gear drive. Alright, I know the Surfer is pretty expensive but I need your opinions of what I should buy. I know the deck size I need right now but not what brand you guys thing is the best from these four. Any feedback is appreciated, thanks guys.

2. wissel_landscaping

wissel_landscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from ohio

Out of those four i would say bob cat, i would look at the cub cadet 36" 13 hp $2199 or the wright stander 36 15hp $5100

3. TClawn

TClawn LawnSite Silver Member

how often are your going to use it?

if it's for very limited use I would go with the quick 36. it's a single hydro unit so you have to turn it manually, but that shouldn't be to hard. it weighs around 300lbs.

4. BVLAWNCARE

BVLAWNCARE LawnSite Member

Thanks for the reply, but I just remebered the Scag, between a Bob-Cat and Scag, what would you recommend?

5. nitrotim

nitrotim LawnSite Senior Member
    from nj

Hi, I am in the process of starting a Lawn care and maintenance buisness and in preparation I was pricing the wright standard 36 as I will probably be doing mostly residentials at first. I was quoted a price of $4415 with gator blades and the grass gobler catcher. I guess from the prices mentioned here on this thread thats a good price. I was really impressed with the wright machine the only thing I heard negative about them (the salesman pointed this out) was that the deck height adhustment was not as easy as on other machines.

6. Duramax99

Duramax99 LawnSite Member

Bob-cat and bunton are the same machine both made by textron. I would go with the 36" bobcat/kawi 14 HP engine.

7. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

I would get the Bob cat. There are a lot of them around and they are one of the best I think. You can't go wrong buying one.