Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a lawn, landscape, and irrigation business, however I'm not licensed to treat anyone else's yard nor do I do any chemical applications on anybody else's yard so I'm a little bit new here with learning chemicals.

We just built a house and I landscaped the entire 3/4 of an acre with a pond, over 100 tons of rock, and a ton of plants and trees.

So I maintain all my gravel walk way paths pramitol 25e and that keeps them clean and free of Bermuda.

However, the problem I'm having is in the beds with plants and trees. I know better than to use pramitol around any of these beds and will only use it on all my gravel walk ways with no plants.

What can I use for longer control than Round Up to keep the Bermuda out? I'm using snapshot to take care of the weeds in these beds, but that doesn't do much of anything on the Bermuda. Is there anything I can use to get longer control than spot treating with Round Up?

Also, if I was to keep spot treating with Round Up, would it eventually eradicate the Bermuda in the bed as long as I kept it pushed back from the border and sending runners into the bed?

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
I own a lawn, landscape, and irrigation business, however I'm not licensed to treat anyone else's yard nor do I do any chemical applications on anybody else's yard so I'm a little bit new here with learning chemicals.

We just built a house and I landscaped the entire 3/4 of an acre with a pond, over 100 tons of rock, and a ton of plants and trees.

So I maintain all my gravel walk way paths pramitol 25e and that keeps them clean and free of Bermuda.

However, the problem I'm having is in the beds with plants and trees. I know better than to use pramitol around any of these beds and will only use it on all my gravel walk ways with no plants.

What can I use for longer control than Round Up to keep the Bermuda out? I'm using snapshot to take care of the weeds in these beds, but that doesn't do much of anything on the Bermuda. Is there anything I can use to get longer control than spot treating with Round Up?

Also, if I was to keep spot treating with Round Up, would it eventually eradicate the Bermuda in the bed as long as I kept it pushed back from the border and sending runners into the bed?
You want to use ornamenc with a surfactant, or fertilomes over the top with sethoxidin.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Roundup will not eradicate it completly, Bermuda is a resilient grass. A chemical like imayzapar would kill it, and when it rain, would kill out everything else it washed into . So don’t use something like rm43, which contains it as one of the ingredients.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If you keep the bed lines edged, and just spot spray with roundup, you will eventually control the Bermuda. Consistent edging is a must.

This is what I was hoping to hear. I think I'm going to try an app of ornamec with some dish soap, but I'm hoping after enough spraying it will eradicate it enough to not have to worry about much spraying through the year. I think it's going to take a year or two of chemicals to keep it under control. My gravel walk ways and area around the pool are doing excellent and still holding after 1 app of the pramitrol and a few spot sprays over the months.

I have a connection on the gravel and rock for less than $10.00 a ton and I drive an 18-wheeler with a big rig w/ a 53' dump as my main gig, so by the end of the year I'll probably have 200 tons of gravel to maintain lol

I'm going to try the ornamec and spot spray anything that pops up through the year with RU. Hopefully I can get it under control. I know Beramuda can take time to eradicate. I use to be in the business, but now I only mow after I finish my truck route.

Appreciate all the help!

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
This is what I was hoping to hear. I think I'm going to try an app of ornamec with some dish soap, but I'm hoping after enough spraying it will eradicate it enough to not have to worry about much spraying through the year. I think it's going to take a year or two of chemicals to keep it under control. My gravel walk ways and area around the pool are doing excellent and still holding after 1 app of the pramitrol and a few spot sprays over the months.

I have a connection on the gravel and rock for less than $10.00 a ton and I drive an 18-wheeler with a big rig w/ a 53' dump as my main gig, so by the end of the year I'll probably have 200 tons of gravel to maintain lol

I'm going to try the ornamec and spot spray anything that pops up through the year with RU. Hopefully I can get it under control. I know Beramuda can take time to eradicate. I use to be in the business, but now I only mow after I finish my truck route.

Appreciate all the help!
You’ll want to use the surfactant that comes with the ornamenc. It’s non-ionic, most dishsoaps are aonic and may affect the chemical. Besides, dishsoaps foam and are the go to for homeowners, not pros.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts