1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum.

Dismiss Notice

Best chute blocker?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by KUMA01, Aug 15, 2016.

1. KUMA01

KUMA01 LawnSite Senior Member

I come to the point were more than once or twice I day I need one and have Been avoiding it but can't any longer so what's the best on out there

southerntide likes this.
  2. Jmartinps1

Jmartinps1 LawnSite Bronze Member

I've got power chute and love it 140hrs no issue. grass flap is the other I'd recommend. foot operated ocdc is the only way to go. I've used advance chute and quick chute before but after using power chute I'll never be able to go back to hand operated one

southerntide likes this.
  3. southerntide

southerntide LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Alabama

ericg and Jmartinps1 like this.
  4. Bumpmaster

Bumpmaster LawnSite Fanatic

140 Hours is a joke for the Power Chute. Got about 420 hours on the current motor, about 1,500 hours on the current foot peddle an about 2100 hours on everything else. :eek:

5. Jmartinps1

Ok. Thanks for the input

6. Bumpmaster

The motors are hit or miss. They can last years or the can last yards. :laugh:

7. River

River LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Wisconsin

I have the grass flaps on all of my machines. If you own a 7 iron pro or a velocity deck and you run over a rock or something and it shoots put you can kill somebody. I had 1 rock i hit 5 or 6 years ago leave a hole in somebody's foundation on their house. It traveled into their basement and we had to pay to replace the hole. But yeah if you own a powerful zero turn like i do you need one

13Razorbackfan likes this.
  8. Jmartinps1

If mine will last 3-400 hrs I'll be happy to pay the $50 to replace it. Thing is unreal around flower beds, cars roads etc

9. Bumpmaster

Got mine thru rock auto a few years back. bought five of them for like $100.

10. hackitdown

hackitdown LawnSite Silver Member

I'm running a grass-flap on a 61" Scag Vride. Very happy. We don't bag, so it is a huge time saver.