Lawn Care Forum banner

Best chute blocker?

43K views 31 replies 19 participants last post by  Bumpmaster 
#1 ·
I come to the point were more than once or twice I day I need one and have Been avoiding it but can't any longer so what's the best on out there

#3 ·
#7 ·
I have the grass flaps on all of my machines. If you own a 7 iron pro or a velocity deck and you run over a rock or something and it shoots put you can kill somebody. I had 1 rock i hit 5 or 6 years ago leave a hole in somebody's foundation on their house. It traveled into their basement and we had to pay to replace the hole. But yeah if you own a powerful zero turn like i do you need one

Reactions: 13Razorbackfan
#25 ·
I have the grass flaps on all of my machines. If you own a 7 iron pro or a velocity deck and you run over a rock or something and it shoots put you can kill somebody. I had 1 rock i hit 5 or 6 years ago leave a hole in somebody's foundation on their house. It traveled into their basement and we had to pay to replace the hole. yeah if you own a powerful zero turn like i do you need one
Did you replace the hole with another one?
:D

#12 ·
Can you install a grass flap while still having a rackem bracket on the deck for the grass catcher? I have the bracket and occasionally bag a few parts of yards with my pro stance, I just want to know if there is a way to use both without removing one or the other.

Reactions: The Swamp Fox
#17 ·
Interested in what everybody recommends for a stander. So far the best option I found was Qwikchute . It cost $300 for my specific mower but no drilling required. Since my platform goes up and down I'm not sure I'd want a foot pedal down there. Also I like to shift my weight on the platform when mowing hills - so the foot pedaled ones are not an option for me.

Bad boy also makes advanced chute systems. It's a very inexpensive alternative but after calling them they said it works with some standers, but not all. It's made for Z's and they said the handle is short and often too far forward for it to work on a stander.

#18 ·
I have zero issues driving my Z’s and Stander using one hand to bridge both sticks for that split second it takes to flip my Qwikchute open and shut. On the Exmark with ECS it’s a lil more sketchy especially in tight confines so I prefer to stop to flip it open/shut but in the wide open there is no issues. It becomes like a muscle memory type reflex thing that I don’t really have to think or concentrate about so for me to open or shut the chute .So for me there are no worries about using a manual shoot blocker . Plus all my Qwikchute’s allow the use of my Accelerator baggers as well.

People make a big deal about taking your hands off the sticks but if you think about it it happens all the time. Have you ever had to scratch your nose or move a branch ,shut a gate or take a swig of a drink while laying stripes and all of them are accomplished by bridging my palm across both sticks. For me these are daily occurrences.My .02

#26 ·
I have zero issues driving my Z's and Stander using one hand to bridge both sticks for that split second it takes to flip my Qwikchute open and shut. On the Exmark with ECS it's a lil more sketchy especially in tight confines so I prefer to stop to flip it open/shut but in the wide open there is no issues. It becomes like a muscle memory type reflex thing that I don't really have to think or concentrate about so for me to open or shut the chute .So for me there are no worries about using a manual shoot blocker . Plus all my Qwikchute's allow the use of my Accelerator baggers as well.

People make a big deal about taking your hands off the sticks but if you think about it it happens all the time. Have you ever had to scratch your nose or move a branch ,shut a gate or take a swig of a drink while laying stripes and all of them are accomplished by bridging my palm across both sticks. For me these are daily occurrences.My .02
I can cut with one hand all day long. That's not the point. The point is, you can keep both hands on the controls AND open/close the chute. It's much safer than winging it one handed.

#19 ·
I have grassflap on my walk and I like it a lot. Simple and effective. I just bought my first stander an I'm leaning towards the grassflap. I am concerned about the platform issue but mine doesn't fold just worrying about space really. Waiting for it to be delivered. I've been watching vids of them on standers and even if you have flip up platform the can be mounted so it not an issue. The quikchute looks to be a decent option too. I just don't like the hit and miss I read about the motors on the powerchute.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.