1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

Best company to finance zero turn through

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by GSLC, Mar 13, 2013.

1. jrs.landscaping

jrs.landscaping LawnSite Silver Member
    from Maine

:drinkup: Not a problem

2. MSS Mow

MSS Mow LawnSite Senior Member
    from Maine

Kubota has 0% on most if not all of their Zero turns right now.

3. rockymtnnut

rockymtnnut LawnSite Senior Member

How are you saving 4000 by paying cash?? Zero percent is zero.. It usually cost about 300$ to get the "zero percent" i agree to be debt free but thats cheap money.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. rockymtnnut

rockymtnnut LawnSite Senior Member

Im sorry i misread your quote. Financing is a part of every business disciplined financing is a part of every Successful business. My first zero turn nearly added 40% productivity to my work. The sooner i had it the quicker i made money. As a business owner you have to build your credit. credit is a necessary asset to any business. even debt free companies have credit.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. CollegeMowers

CollegeMowers LawnSite Member

Sure their is good debt and bad debt. Their are circumstances where you can use the money to leverage growth. Especially in circumstances where their is a 0% interest rate and you can use that money to buy equipment to up productivity or spend on growth mediums.

However, I see way to many guys going out and buying new **** on credit and think its extremely foolish. One scenario was Green Planet Inc (Bend, Oregon) went from start up to 14million annual revenue in just 3 years here. They financed all of their gear and when the housing market crashed/ work dried up and they didn't have money to pay for their fancy gear and went out of business.

Every other landscaping business in town got a hell of a deal on pretty much new gear when that happened :).

6. jrs.landscaping

jrs.landscaping LawnSite Silver Member
    from Maine

I'm sure the owners walked away with a nice salary when it was all said and done.

I do agree though, too many guys leverage everything so they can have the "best of the best" to start, when they don't have the income to support their new debt/operating costs.