• Landscape Lighting Design: Bright Ideas
    With outdoor spaces more popular than ever, lighting these landscapes may be your next opportunity. Click here to learn more.

Best day of the week to acquire new accounts?

jcr_17

LawnSite Member
It seems like last summer I made most of my account on Monday and Tuesday...so basically the beginning of the week. By Thursday and Friday business slowed down. Has anyone else experienced this? Or What have been your best days of the week?

Turfdude

LawnSite Bronze Member
Saturdays or evenings. I find it best when you can actually meet the client in person. Nothing like a good handshake and looking directly atthe potential client will help win over a bid. Don't get me wrong, I do a lot of maintenance bids during the day when people are at work, but the face to face meetings are almost always a shoo-in!

Let it Grow

LawnSite Senior Member
I have received many of my calls on Friday. It doesn't make much sense to me, but hey, if that's when they want to call, I'll talk to them!

Pecker

LawnSite Bronze Member
Anybody have luck knocking on doors? I'm going on Saturday in hopes of someone being home. Good idea or waste of time?

rodfather

LawnSite Fanatic
Originally posted by Turfdude
Saturdays or evenings. I find it best when you can actually meet the client in person. Nothing like a good handshake and looking directly atthe potential client will help win over a bid. Don't get me wrong, I do a lot of maintenance bids during the day when people are at work, but the face to face meetings are almost always a shoo-in!

Ditto...weekends seem to be the best time for us too.

LAWNPROzII

LawnSite Member
We handed out flyers on a Friday and got some calls.
Passed flyers on a Monday got no calls. So I'm leaning towards the end of the week is the best time because people are able to relax and take more things in instead of the hustle and bustle.