Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 20 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does someone make a good chisel/ scraper type tool for cleaning out under the deck? I've been using a little gardening spade type shovel. It used to work well on a stamped steel deck but not so much on a welded steel deck. What is your tool of choice for this task?

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
Nothing stays under a deck for long. It is basically a blasting cabinet under a deck, whether with sand/dust/dirt or the grass clippings themselves.
This.

Everyone wants to try it for themselves though instead of listening to those with experience.

I put Fluid Film on half my deck (21" mower) and Mo Deck on the other half.
The Mo Deck works much better at making it easy to scrape off clippings, but it doesn't last long at all, so it's totally impractical for anything more than residential use.
The Fluid Film created a thick, sticky layer on the surface, and it was not easier to scrape grass off.

I've never sprayed anything on a deck since. It's a waste of time and money.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Grassbuster deck cleaning tool works great for me. Also, I use mowdeck. The longer you use mowdeck the better the results. I used to have to clean/pressure wash my decks every day now I never do except in the fall for winter service. Simply scrape and spray every week when I sharpen blades.

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
Dare I suggest the Grassbuster?

The last thread about it was closed because some people could not accept that it's not "just a putty knife" and would argue endlessly over it.
Whatever. It works great for me. Wish I had known about it 12 years ago.

But, but, but........ LOL!! Looks way thicker!

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
1 - 20 of 120 Posts