Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
7,657 Posts
Nothing stays under a deck for long. It is basically a blasting cabinet under a deck, whether with sand/dust/dirt or the grass clippings themselves.
This.

Everyone wants to try it for themselves though instead of listening to those with experience.

I put Fluid Film on half my deck (21" mower) and Mo Deck on the other half.
The Mo Deck works much better at making it easy to scrape off clippings, but it doesn't last long at all, so it's totally impractical for anything more than residential use.
The Fluid Film created a thick, sticky layer on the surface, and it was not easier to scrape grass off.

I've never sprayed anything on a deck since. It's a waste of time and money.

· Registered
7,657 Posts
Is it worth the $17 or will it be no different than my rounded putty knife that i made?
I've never used a putty knife, so I can't say how it compares, but it does work well, and I can see how the blade design (tapered/flexible) could be better than a putty knife - at least in theory.

I have to wonder though, if everyone here is so successful at being pro lawn guys, why is ten extra dollars such a hardship, or a "waste of money"?
I'll bet the same people waste more money every day or two on things like convenience store food and drink.

Now all the putty knife guys will get all defensive and start ranting about how their $5 putty knife does the same thing.
(even though they have never used one)

I really don't know what to say. All I know is that it works well. I don't regret buying it.
As mentioned above, I can see a longer handle tool being preferable for a large mower, but the biggest mower I own is a 36", so this fits my needs nicely.

· Registered
7,657 Posts
$9.99 ($3.49 shipping to me) $13.48 total

$11.95 ($3.54 shipping) $15.49 total

$7.05 ($8.95 shipping) $16.00 total

$15.50 (shipping free over $30 - get two for $31)

$12.88 (SHIPS FREE - BACKORDERED) :( This is where I got mine

· Registered
7,657 Posts
Curiosity got the best of me so I ordered the grassbuster too. It says backordered but I went ahead and ordered it last night. Just got an email saying it shipped and should be here Friday. So next time I clean my deck I will compare it with the long handle Hyde which is supposed to arrive the same day.

Oh wow. Good to know!
Can't beat that price. They will send you emails maybe once a month. Not too bad - I get spammed far worse by so many others.

· Registered
7,657 Posts
I don't know it for certain, but I read it in some of the reviews back when I bought my GB and was looking at other similar products. Just because someone says it's one way or another in a thread on here doesn't mean a whole lot to me, so I ain't going back through that thread any time soon either.
There's people who think that the copycat food items at Aldi are "the exact same thing" as the brand name food items.
Could be something like that. Ha

1 - 13 of 13 Posts