1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

Best employee leaving me.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MudslinginFX4, Aug 12, 2004.

1. MudslinginFX4

MudslinginFX4 LawnSite Bronze Member

Kinda a sad day today, I found out that my best employee (one that has been with me now for 2 years) is moving at the end of the month. He is the type that can do everything that I can, almost as good. Also the type that I can trust with all of my equipment on his own, and wouldn't be afraid to let him run the business if I were sick or on vacation. Anyway... how many of you have employees that you can trust to do things like that?

2. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I had a guy like that for 2 1/2 years. Too bad I let him go when I downsized

3. Avery

Avery LawnSite Bronze Member

I only have one like that. Wish I had several more.....

4. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

yup when I hired people (actually only one person right now) back on this year, I was thinking to myself, " I will never find someone that worked like him ever again."

5. DALMlawn&landscaping

DALMlawn&landscaping LawnSite Member
    from TX

i've never had one of those employees, but i usually am that employee... maybe one of these days if i branch out i can answer a post like this

6. NC Scaper

NC Scaper LawnSite Member

Still waiting on the opportunity to hire an employee like that, but about 2 years ago i was laid up in the hospital and my mom and dad took over and done an awesome job

7. CamLand

CamLand LawnSite Bronze Member

I have an employee that has been with me for 11 years,he gets payed very good wages and benefits,he really runs the Company when i have other jobs to attend...

8. broken leg

broken leg LawnSite Senior Member

Have friend i CARY I talked to a couple a days ago. said he lost three and ask me if I knew any one looking. He needs a Foreman. Good help is hard to find.

9. EastProLawn

EastProLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Me too...............