Best engine for Turf Tiger 2 Hands Down?

Discussion in 'Tractors' started by Nonbiased Guy, Apr 21, 2018.

1. GoPappy

GoPappy LawnSite Bronze Member

I absolutely agree. I don't care what the math says, the 25hp Kubota diesel will power through tall thick stuff without breathing hard. And, if maintained properly, that motor will still be running fine when the rest of the machine falls apart around it.

Yes, the cost is higher, and there's a good reason for that.

2. CGros31

CGros31 LawnSite Senior Member

Yep. If Deere would make a small ZTR diesel with the 7 Iron deck I would get rid of my gas powered one quick, fast, and in a hurry.

3. Jew8201

Jew8201 LawnSite Member

So have you gotten the new diesel Deere z994 yet? You asked they delivered....

4. CGros31

No I won't be getting one. They don't offer the 54 inch deck with mulch on demand, and that is the deck I need. It's only offered with a 54 inch side discharge, a 60 inch side discharge, and a 60 inch mulch on demand. I need the 54 inch because of a few gates I have to get through and because of some cemeteries that I cut where a 60 inch wont fit.

Jew8201 likes this.
  5. Tommy Kite

Tommy Kite LawnSite Member

The large deck is manageable on slops but turning out of a ditch or doing really uneven land It seems the deck is not attached to the mower in enough places and will easily catch on the edges if not careful. I like my 72" with my kawi dfi for really flat and big areas (south Texas 4-10 acre lots) and my 61" with the kawi carb for most more residential areas but I am still limited on which properties I can do due to sheer width of mower and deck. Most have a large side entrance or gate though. Have 2000+ hours on both with the kawi and I have had NO major problems and have only bogged down on super super dense pretty much hay grass. Has no problem mowing in wet but the grass will clog the shute if you're not careful (both have advantage+ decks) but it leaves a very good cut in good conditions with a nice stripe. Definitely would go with a kawi if I was purchasing a new machine.

6. Tommy Kite

Deck conversion?? :hammerhead:

7. CGros31

I’ve actually thought about talking to my dealer to see if they could put a 54 inch MOD deck on it.

Tommy Kite likes this.
  8. Tommy Kite

I bet id be expensive considering youd have to buy both decks (the one that comes on the machine and the MOD deck) and discard one. Unless the dealer is willing to buy the original deck back for parts or something like that for a reduced price.