1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

best exmark blades

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Shady Brook, Jun 2, 2002.

1. Shady Brook

Shady Brook LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

I know this has been discussed a billion times. I am taking possesion of a 98 exmark with 48in deck. I will be side discharging, and want to know the best blades for this application. Also, if it is possible to put a multch kit on it as it has no front baffles. Does this deck cut well, or should I have waited on a more current machine with baffleing?

Thanks
    Jay

2. Shady Brook

Shady Brook LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

Anybody with some ideas? J Thomas has a few types, and I know others have been discussed here that are not in J Thomas. I really could use some suggestions. Do high lifts work better with the trivantage deck, or gators, doubles mabye.

Thanks
    Jay

3. rkbrown

rkbrown LawnSite Senior Member

Shady Brook:

I do not own an exmark...yet. However, from the short time I have been hear and from what I have read, many people tout the notched foil blades as being good blades. I do believe that you can add a mulching kit to the machine. You may get a better response if you post to the Exmark forum (at least about the mulching kit question). Also, consider doing a search on "Exmark Blades".

I, myself, am considering an Exmark 32" Metro wb. I am considering this as opposed to a 36" or larger because our backyard gates here are about 35". I am part time for now, but in a couple of years I hope to have a Lazer Z for larger properties/front yards and the 32" for back yards. I will definitely consider the mulching kit for both.

4. Ground Master

Ground Master LawnSite Senior Member

I run high lift blades on all my machines......