1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

best handheld blower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Kingbman1, May 5, 2004.

1. Kingbman1

Kingbman1 LawnSite Member

In your opinion, what is the best handheld blower to buy?

2. Lbilawncare

Lbilawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't see all that much difference in handhelds as long as they are commercial quality. We use Stihl because that's what our backpacks are, I wouldn't use a handheld as my primary blower.

3. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

in my opinion all the good trimmer brands have good blowers also. echo, stihl, redmax etc etc etc

4. twwlawn

twwlawn LawnSite Senior Member

I use a Stihl BG 85, alot power for a hand held, use it as a back up.

5. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

We use Shindaiwa eb 240 handhelds. Plenty of power for blowing sidewalks, etc.. I keep one older backpack on the truck, the rest stay in the garage until fall. I found them getting to much abuse during the year for lawns.

6. qwikv6

qwikv6 LawnSite Member

I use a Stihl BG65c. It serves my purpose because I use to clear off drives and sidewalks. I did use it to move some leaves last year and it did ok. Not bad for around $170.00.

7. Cheesedawg1

Cheesedawg1 LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

Do not buy a homelite handheld. Thats all I can say.

8. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

dont buy craftsman either

9. chines63

chines63 LawnSite Member

I have a Weed-eater brand and love it. It does a good job for the money, Around $100.00, Can't complain.

10. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

I was thinking about buying a cheap hand held, for the awkward situations that the Red Max BP right hand side blower tube is a PITA.
    Why not a sub-commercial blower if you're going to be using it 10 minutes a month? Weed eater? I think i saw that at "Odd Job" for $70. I guess its worth it.