Best herbicide/fertilizer spray equipment?

PlowKing

LawnSite Member
I have been running a lawn and snow company here in Calgary Ab Canada for 23 years and am now looking to expand into liquid herb/fert spraying. Wondering what guys are using for a 200 gal skid sprayer. We would be doing mostly small residential/commercial properties. Would like info on brands and pricing and especially here in Canada as there are sometimes issues shipping over the border. Thanks in advance for any replies.

RigglePLC

LawnSite Fanatic
Take a look at this one. Probably just a few miles from you in Canada.
https://mkrittenhouse.com/us/200-gallon-space-saver-sprayer-in-stock

If it gets cold where you live--be sure to discuss how to winterize the equipment.
The "space-saver" type fits into the truck better. This allows you more room to carry more bags of fert and a professional-type spreader, 80 pound capacity size.
Be sure the reel can be rotated to pay out to the right side. A reel that pays out to the back side is not as convenient.
Be sure the starter rope is conveniently located so you do not have to climb up into the truck bed to start the motor.
Think about locating the sprayer slightly off-center to the right in the truck bed--so that--there is room to stack about 15 bags of fert to the left of the sprayer, lined up and stacked vertically. Need about 18 inches for width of the bags.

Last edited:
OP
PlowKing

PlowKing

LawnSite Member

If it gets cold where you live--be sure to discuss how to winterize the equipment.
The "space-saver" type fits into the truck better. This allows you more room to carry more bags of fert and a professional-type spreader, 80 pound capacity size.
Be sure the reel can be rotated to pay out to the right side. A reel that pays out to the back side is not as convenient.
Be sure the starter rope is conveniently located so you do not have to climb up into the truck bed to start the motor.
Think about locating the sprayer slightly off-center to the right in the truck bed--so that--there is room to stack about 15 bags of fert to the left of the sprayer, lined up and stacked vertically. Need about 18 inches for width of the bags.
Thanks so much, I appreciate the input. I have been toiling about the setup with the reel etc since I dont really know how it will be used yet. However, I think that I will take your advice and look toward the space saver versions with the reel pointed to the passenger side and likely more room at the back of the truck for other stuff. Thanks again!!

OP
PlowKing

PlowKing

LawnSite Member

Wow, I just checked out the website you linked. Great prices! and they are in Canada so no shipping issues!! Will be checking them out for sure, thanks again.