Best herbicide to eradicate 10 acres of bahia

OP
G

goatchay

LawnSite Member
Thanks for sharing. I thoroughly enjoyed that story, albeit it be at your discomfort. I quite literally laughed out loud at the horse biting the cowling part

Lol, THAT is the one thing that was the last straw for me haha! I don't have nice stuff, everything that I have is 50 years old or very very used etc. The boat motor was the ONE nice thing that I had that looked brand new and didn't have a scratch on it. I hadn't even mounted it to my boat yet.

I had it on an outboard stand in my barn. Sure enough one of his horses got on my property and started munching on it lol. I mean it is gouged up like crazy, just big horse tooth divots all over it. Now the one thing that was nice, I will have to learn how to use body filler and then repaint it. Ugh. And this guy doesn't offer one bit of help. But he is the nicest old, or at least acts like it. So I always let him slide and I don't want to be at war with my neighbors.

But yeah, the boat motor really got to me lol.

ArTurf

LawnSite Fanatic
So this is my last post on this thread, no point in beating the dead horse.

So I live in a small town and notice yards even if I don’t service them. I figure many of you do the same. So there’s this yard I see through the years, maybe St. Aug not treated low maintenance. Not bad looking but I’m thinking it could be really nice with a little input. But something changed at some point, thinking a new HO. Seems his idea of trimming is the use of Gly (I’m guessing but probably right). Look at the pic and guess where he uses it. You only get one guess. Maybe this explains the point I’ve been trying to make.

Attachments

• B5BBD7C6-D376-4507-ADB8-1D35A8CE8204.jpeg
    B5BBD7C6-D376-4507-ADB8-1D35A8CE8204.jpeg
    425 KB · Views: 21

Crazy 4 grass

LawnSite Fanatic
So this is my last post on this thread, no point in beating the dead horse.

So I live in a small town and notice yards even if I don’t service them. I figure many of you do the same. So there’s this yard I see through the years, maybe St. Aug not treated low maintenance. Not bad looking but I’m thinking it could be really nice with a little input. But something changed at some point, thinking a new HO. Seems his idea of trimming is the use of Gly (I’m guessing but probably right). Look at the pic and guess where he uses it. You only get one guess. Maybe this explains the point I’ve been trying to make.
Seems like the worst looking most weed infested overgrown area is in the ditches. :rolleyes:

ArTurf

LawnSite Fanatic
Absolutely! I completely understood your point
The ditches aren't actually that deep and could be mowed mostly with a mower if it weren't rainy season. He either doesn't have or doesn't like using a string trimmer. I didn't get a pic but he recently sprayed a wide band around the house so I expect that to look similar to the ditch

Top Forums