1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about enhanced efficiency fertilizers with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum .

Dismiss Notice

best irrigation remote for residential jobs?

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by laschin1, Sep 7, 2010.

1. laschin1

laschin1 LawnSite Member

Its winterizing time and we do 2500 winterizings on residential homes. I would like to get a remote that will work the best!
    the zones are the avg 6-15 sizes and i dont want to spend time programing a transmitter at each house, plugging in etc. what is quick and efficient remote wise?

2. FIMCO-MEISTER

FIMCO-MEISTER Banned

well I'm biased to say the least but RainMaster allows for multiple zones to be turned on at once. You need to put a permanent connector (pigtail) on every controller.
    TRC makes great remotes as well but you still need to get a permanent connector on.
    Get up to 10 posts somehow.

3. Mark B

Mark B LawnSite Bronze Member

I would think if you already had that much work that you would already have a few remotes the TRC is a good remote.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

I've owned a TRC, they work o.k., but sometimes have problems with lack of line-of-site.
    We own two RainMaster remotes and they are hands down the best on the market.

5. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

And yet you complain about the numerous problems you have had with them.

6. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

No numerous problems, keypads every few years. The UA I've had forever, so I was not suprised when it went down. We do use the hell out of them.