1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Best looking retaining wall system

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by dovetail, Jul 27, 2010.

1. dovetail

dovetail LawnSite Member
    from va

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but what is your opinion of the best looking retaining wall system for a three foot wall? Which system looks closest to natural stone?

2. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale LawnSite Senior Member

Two personal favourites are the Techo Bloc Quarry Stone Wall, and the Permacon Lafayette Wall.

Dont know if either are available in your area or not.

I believe in the US the Permacon Lafayette Wall is known as the BelAir wall manufatured by Belgard.

3. ROC lawn and landscapes

ROC lawn and landscapes LawnSite Member

Take a look at Keystones Hewnstone block. Its a big block for a 3 foot wall but its got a good natural look to it

4. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

If they're still in business - BRADSTONE.

Do a Google search for Bradstone in Harpers Ferry WV, owned by Aggregate Industries.

5. dovetail

dovetail LawnSite Member
    from va

What do you folks think of the Hanover Chapel Garden wall?

6. dovetail

dovetail LawnSite Member
    from va

DVS,

I did a web search and looks like they are in business. The pictures show a very nice looking product. I will definitely check these out.

7. Paver Gangster

Paver Gangster LawnSite Member

Hanover isn't much when it comes to wall products, but I do have to say Chapel Stone has a very nice natural look to it, and its not even sculpted or split. I like it's "marbly" look.

So far, all the walls mentioned are very nice looking. I've always been a fan of Celtik wall, but there's a lot of other products now that look a lot like it.

8. tturbonegro

tturbonegro LawnSite Member
    from nj

right now im a fan of Anchor (belgard) country manor wall...it seems to be better produced than some others..its all 3 sided wich is awesome, and the price is competitive.

ive seen some badddd ep stuff lately..some pieces of 3 or 6" wall are a 1/4" big..what are we supposed to do with that? then try mixing the 3 and 6 when its like that..they are mass producing this stuff and just seeing the numbers and the paperwork..