Best Place to be in business as an LCO

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JimLewis, Feb 5, 2004.

1. GarPA

GarPA LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

1. Outer Banks (assuming theres enough work to go around there and could afford to buy a house there...the house thing might be a showstopper given all the rich folk who are gobbling up proerty there and pushing up property values)
    2. Charlotte or Raleigh North Carolina

I think NC has the ideal year round climate...although I;d have to re-learn allot moving from zone 6

I would DIE in Fla with that humidity...not that NC isn't humid but not as bad for as long I dont think

2. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

this has to be a trick question lol. for mowing only id have to say somewhere south i guess florida. however all around property maintenance somewhere with a good balace of lawn care and snow plowing. place would have to get a lot of snow though but only for limited months.

3. brian mon

brian mon LawnSite Member

Santa Barbara Calif. ........ and north to say around San Louis Obispo IMO

Grew up around the central coast of CA......did tree & Landscape work for 10+ yrs.............. hard to beat weather & $$$ there

4. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

Florida. Housing is cheap. Dont have to pay for all the winter things you need. When its all said and done, and you add everything up, like your heat bill, winter coats, snow tires, high real estate costs, the pay really isnt much different.

5. GarPA

GarPA LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

was always wondering how much downward price pressure there is in Fla for the green industry given the large numbers of legal(and illegal) immigrants? It would seem on the surface that there would be a large number of low wage workers looking for work

6. ProMo

ProMo LawnSite Bronze Member

QUOTE]Originally posted by muxx
    My sister lives in Ocala, 1 hour east of Daytona [/QUOTE]

ummmm if you go east of Daytona it gets pretty wet out there.

7. Green Finger

Green Finger LawnSite Senior Member

The best place. Northern Va. (Mc Clean)

They have one of the richest income per county in the U.S. the Lowest house cost average $400,00.00.

All the politians, football and basketball players, and dotcom executive live out there. They hate doing things themselves they will pay you to do eveything. LC companies blow up over night out there.

Great summers, great fall weather,and snow for the winter.

8. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

There is to an extent, just like anywhere. But theres no law saying you have to take any lawn you can get. Just have to weed through the lawns. Most employees are useless down here, have to look hard and long to find good ones.

9. burnandreturn

burnandreturn LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Germany

I think the only way to get to "one hour east of Daytona" would be to use a boat to tow your trailer out into the ocean!

10. BW4486

BW4486 LawnSite Member

we do properties in ocala, gainesville area, and its about 9 months out of the year full swing, the other three we mow every 2 weeks and blow off parking lots every week. its about 1 hour maybe a little more , north of daytona