1. Is Landscaping An “Essential Business” In Your Region?
    Read the timely article from Turf addressing this question. Click here to learn more.

COVID-19 Safety Procedures For Landscapers
    As you are working out in the field, maximize safety for you, your crews, and customers. Click here to learn more.

Dismiss Notice

Best Place to be in business as an LCO

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JimLewis, Feb 5, 2004.

1. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

CT BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:blob3: :blob3: :blob3: :blob3: :blob3: :blob3: :blob3: :blob2: :blob2: :blob2: :blob2: :blob2: :blob2: :blob2: :blob2: :blob4: :blob4: :blob4: :blob4: :blob4: :blob4: :blob4: :blob4: :blob1: :blob1: :blob1: :blob1: :cool:

2. Fantasy Lawns

Fantasy Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

Dang Bobby didn't realize how good NJ could be ..... all I have to look foward to is a 10 min ride to a great beach, putting a boat in fore some of the best off shore fishing or bass fishing .... glad Speed week n Bike week are coming up ..... my boss has the nerve to hold a corporate meeting every year there ;->

3. Jroctx

Jroctx LawnSite Member
    from Austin

Well I will speak up for Central, Tejas:
    -300 plus sunny days a year, although temps can reach 100 degrees the humidity remains tolerant.
    -Since the tech bust and fires, half of Cali is moving here, selling their million dollar homes buying our ½ million dollar homes and using the remaining cash to drop $50K + on landscaping and buying a boat for cruising Lake Travis.
    -Even the "scrubs" start at $25 per cut, but they usually don’t speak fluent English so the customer doesn’t mind paying us $35 for communication convenience and insurance.
    -Unlimited low wage work force (contradictory to the prior point, but with a bi-lingual foreman this point is validated).
    -Trugreen is screwing around a lot of folks, just making an honest service oriented company more appealing here.
    -Did you know that Lance Armstrong and his team train here, why because we actually have a hill country and more nature trails than you could walk in a season. Oh yeah, they are contemplating paying folks to shot the deers! Because they are eating up the $50K landscaping and denting up the Porsches.
    -Live music, Live music, fine dinning and finer women!

*But the down side is the traffic and allergies (Cedar and oak trees everywhere). Coming from the East Coast where the far left lane is for us who don’t mind getting tickets, these Texas Republics think it’s there God giving right to do the speed limit in the fast line, although the sign clearly states “Left line for passing only”. I still have not gotten used to passing in the right lane!

4. Jroctx

Jroctx LawnSite Member
    from Austin

Better get here before the boarder closes! :)

5. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

ROTFLMAO...I hear ya loud and clear there Gary. I probably wouldn't know how to act round all that southern hospitality too.

6. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Here Here...my pick is NJ too bobby. BTW 15 minutes? You must be stopping to talk to people along the way I think. I can do it in less.

7. o-so-n-so

o-so-n-so LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Alabama

Anywhere but here...........Home of the El~Cheepo's.

People in my area are so tight that they have their pockets sewed together.

8. workaholic

workaholic LawnSite Senior Member

hehehehehahahaha thats a good one...

9. kootoomootoo

kootoomootoo LawnSite Platinum Member

I asked this question on here a few years ago and most guys suggested that the northern climate was more profitable because
    of less immigrant workers.

10. bastalker

bastalker LawnSite Senior Member

Was wonderin when you were gonna post!!!!!!:drinkup: ;)