1. Complete Our Survey For A Chance To Win A $50 Amazon Gift Card
    We’d like to know your thoughts about LawnSite, and how we can make our community a more useful resource for your lawn care and landscaping needs. Please click here to take the survey, which should only take five minutes to complete. One winner will be chosen at random to win a $50 Amazon gift card.
    Dismiss Notice

Best Pressure Washer for residential use only.

Discussion in 'Power Washing' started by Dem79lawns, Apr 12, 2015.

1. OP
    OP
    Dem79lawns

Dem79lawns LawnSite Member

Thanks for the info. Its hard to hang with pros. I mean I two kwirks I have to do my own lawn and I hand wash my vehicles every weekend. The true reason behind it is because when I was a kid those were the chores my father assigned me and my brother. Here I am at 38 years old and if I don't wash or cut every weekend I feel out of place. I could easily hire a company financially, but I find some sort of zen in putting the time in myself. I don't have any craft skills like wood or metal work so I guess this is what makes me feel like I am doing something with my hands.

2. Hill Lawn Care

Hill Lawn Care LawnSite Member

Let me know what you end up with and how you like it. If you're around Florida you can always hire me.. I'll let you help ;)

3. OP
    OP
    Dem79lawns

Dem79lawns LawnSite Member

I am in Southern NJ. The lawn scene here is pretty nuts. If we only had a warm season this would be the prime place of landscaping. My Aunt lives in Lakeland, FL and they have a longer mowing season, but she even says people up here are lawn nuts. Its basically golf courses at every house.

4. StraitShot

StraitShot LawnSite Member

Flow>pressure. For house washing I rarely use much more pressure than a garden house with the exception being driveways/patios. You want at a minimum 4 gpm with 5.5-8gpm being ideal, belt or gear driven cold water unit. Flow is going to keep you off of ladders and cut your rinsing time drastically. "Pressure" washing a house is a bit of a misconception. You want to clean the house with a detergent. Apply detergent with low pressure, rinse with low pressure. Check out the pressure washing institute, tons of great info there.

5. CorkyE

CorkyE LawnSite Member

I'm a homeowner that uses one quite regularly for all types of jobs. Last year, I bought a Generac 6598, 3100psi, 2.7gpm and it's worked great. I bought a small sidewalk cleaner attachment from Northern Tool and it's a real time saver on concrete. For the $359 I spent, it's been a great investment.

6. Taylor Maher

Taylor Maher LawnSite Member

Hello, if you are looking for a good value pressure washer, I recommend the Sun Joe SPX3000. I did a review of this product. Check it out here:

7. zlandman

zlandman LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

Northern Tool electric pressure washer.

8. sjessen

sjessen LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Knoxville, Tn

Was in Northern Tool today. They have a 3000-3100 psi unit 2.5 gph for $369. I purchased this washer last year on sale for $299. Has a one year warranty but an extended warranty is available. Not fancy but has done the job. One selling point was they do repairs.

Worth taking a look.

Doc8406 and zlandman like this.