Best price on a Shindaiwa 802?

tony b

LawnSite Member
I am interested in buying several new 802's. Just sold all my used backpacks today. I have done a few internet searches but most dealers won't list a price if it's cheaper than retail. Thanks in advance for the info.

Ridin' Green

LawnSite Fanatic
All fall long at one of the larger dealers that I go down to on occassion, they were selling the 802's for $479 + tax. I believe they have since gone back up to around $500 or a bit more, and with 2012 just around the corner, I expect they'll go up again, but they did tell me that they will send me notice when they have their LCO open house, and that they would be having some great deals on new and NOS items, so maybe they'll be back down then.

Last edited:

NEW CITY LAWN CARE LLC

LawnSite Bronze Member
I am interested in buying several new 802's. Just sold all my used backpacks today. I have done a few internet searches but most dealers won't list a price if it's cheaper than retail. Thanks in advance for the info.
I don't know why but a lot of dealers I've noticed online aren't allowed to show public pricing for some reason or another, and you have to call to get a simple price, must be some new law or something, even wise sales that I have an account with doesn't show the price on those... but I would assume as they've always been around the $500 mark... Wise does have the 8520's for $449

RTR Landscaping

LawnSite Senior Member
Some companies don't allow their dealers to post a price online. Stihl won't let dealers sell online at all. I'm not familiar with Shindaiwa, but if you buy 12 pieces of RedMax in one purchase you can get fleet pricing which is 20% off retail. It's a great deal if you need multiple units.

OP
T

tony b

LawnSite Member
Bought 3 today from Wise sales $455 ea with the purchase of 3 or more. No tax and no shipping, so I saved $320.37 over shopping at my local dealer. I will buy from them the next time as they shipped today and they will arrive just in time for christmas. lol

OP
T

tony b

LawnSite Member
Yeah that's not bad, and that's the only blower we've ran is the 802's, have any of you used the 8520's? On paper they have higher CFM/MPH, so just curious if they are better or not?
I went with the 2stroke simply because of the trouble i have had with the new 4mix style motors. When not if a 4mix blows up its a boat anchor. I can replace piston rings in the 2stroke every 2 years and get as much as 6 seasons out of them. I was feeling lucky to sell my fleet of stihl 600's every 2 years without a grenade. Just an opinion but a gasket and a set of piston rings for apx $30 vs. a loss of $250 ea on replacing a fleet of bp's???