1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

best rack for the BR 600

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by str400ex, Jan 23, 2010.

1. str400ex

str400ex LawnSite Member

the rack I have now cracks the handle anyone have any suggestions on a good blower rack for the big stihl for a open trailer thanks Shawn

2. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

I've been using the TrimmerTrap rack for mine for quite a few years now. I've never had a problem with it. Stihl also has a new, stronger backplate now. I had to put one on my BR600 after I sat on the old one (I was tired) and broke it.

3. MikeKle

MikeKle LawnSite Platinum Member

i built one for my BR550, but same basic size as a 600, it sits on a metal plate, and has a spring loaded piece that flips down over the handle and locks in place to old the blower in place, it even has a loop for the air tube to sit in, keeps it upright and out of the way of everything else. I would take a pic of it, but to dark right now. Ive never seen a rack designed like the one I built. When I pull the pad lock off, the piece flips up due to the springs, and I put it on, takes seconds!! I like it much better than the ones they sell.

4. LR3

LR3 LawnSite Senior Member

Trimmertrap!
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. str400ex

str400ex LawnSite Member

i think i will order a trimertrap thanks Shawn

6. PROMOWER08

PROMOWER08 LawnSite Member

i have the one from Extreme trailer racks that locks and i love it.

7. Greg78

Greg78 LawnSite Silver Member

8. DKJLawnCare

DKJLawnCare LawnSite Member

That is the one i modeled my rack on my old trailer after. Mine was for a BR420.
    Im going to make my new one like that too. Less than $40 in Material.

9. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

none! the frame is too fragile to be put in a rack.

10. MikeKle

MikeKle LawnSite Platinum Member

Whatever type you go with, just make sure the blowers bottom is resting on something, and not just hanging from the plastic handle, I have seen some racks like this, and I think the stihls frame would break after awhile on that type, it would suck to see that pricey blower falling off the trailer on the expressway!!