1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

best racks for trailers

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Goodwin lawns&Guttering, Feb 3, 2013.

1. Above Par Lawns

Above Par Lawns LawnSite Senior Member

Yes she does! The more expensive racks have features built in to not allow trimmer to spin or shift while driving. Also, some have a locking mechanism which would be nice I won't lie. Other than that and maybe they're a bit lighter(who cares) there's no other advantages to them. I am buying a few small locks to keep mine secured once I get mowing.

2. TeamYardsale4

TeamYardsale4 LawnSite Senior Member

Do the ones from lowes have locks?? hard to tell in the picture but it looks like its just a hitch type pin with a cotter pin in the bottom. just curios because I def want mine to lock up but im sure I could figure something out

3. Landscape Poet

Landscape Poet LawnSite Gold Member

Greentouch has my vote. Worth every penny, especially considering this is what I do for a living why would I cheap out vs having a quality product that fullfills my needs and makes my day go by with less hassle.
    Why in the heck would I buy a rack that has to be modified? I buy a racking system, i expect it to do the job it is intended to do without me making a modification. My time is valuable to me in the field, there is only so many hours of day light and taking time to screw around with a rack system I bought expecting to meet my expectations is not on my agenda.

[​IMG]

4. Above Par Lawns

And it matches your equiptment!

5. Above Par Lawns

No but you can put a mini lock in the pin to keep them locked on.

6. Landscape Poet

Landscape Poet LawnSite Gold Member

Yes it does. It actually matches my company colors which are blue and yellow.

7. yardguy28

yardguy28 LawnSite Platinum Member

well for me the ones from lowes do just that.

I never modified mine except for cut a few pieces of wood to put in the slots so the trimmer won't move.

lets see rack from lowes $75. pieces of wood I already had $0. time spent cutting wood maybe 5 min. somehow I must be missing something in my math to see how that adds up to the $200+ these company's are charging for racks.

to each there own though.

8. Above Par Lawns

Yeah and all I did was swap out the bolts which wasn't really a necessity. I'm just weird like that.
    Posted via Mobile Device

YankeeC|ipper likes this.
  9. Above Par Lawns

I really like your shovel holder though. I can't say I NEED one, but I definitely want one!
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. InspiredLawns

InspiredLawns LawnSite Member

I have the lockable trimmer rack from Trinity Iron Images. They have held up quite well and I haven't experienced any rotation using my Echo trimmers with the thicker handle/grips. I have an older Echo edger with the thinner grip. I just cut a rubber hose to size and slid it on the existing clear tubing using hairspray. Works great for me.