Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What a year, I am in S.E. Pa. and I have never seen so much green in August, keep the rain coming!!!

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
im in western NY and we get rain every day. Nice and green.

·
Registered
109 Posts
to much rain here, everthing nice and green and growing like crazy, but we are havig a hard time battling fungal diseases. - still best season yet money wise.:) :)

·
Registered
501 Posts
We seem to get rain every day, or every other day here in East Tennessee. Lately, they have been the scattered-type storms. Sometimes you get them, sometimes you don't. I have lived here since 1987, and I don't ever remember a summer this wet. Normally, everything is burnt up by now. This crazy weather has made me have to do lots of deck scraping on the Toro, as well as lots of double and triple cuts. Maybe it will slow down a bit soon.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
I haven't missed a weekly cut since I started in early April. I have a few customers really boo- hooing about the expense this season. I told them they should have saved all the money that they didn't have to spend last year!!!! This is the first time in years that I'll be cutting straight thru till leaf season. It's definitely been a money making year so far, but I'm getting kinda tired of all the mowing.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Making extra money is great just remember to save some to help through next years drought. Actually I was hoping things would have slowed up some like last year. several local lcos did'nt survive last years dry spell and I picked up some more accounts. Hate to see anybody go out of biz, but their loss is my gain.payup
Marc

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.