Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the best string trimmer among these brands: Stihl, Redmax, Shindawa? Local merchant is having a 10% off open house sale this week and I've been thinking of replacing my 7 year old JD trimmer (can't get some parts for it anymore). He carries these brands. How much below retail can one realisitically purchase a trimmer?

Brett:cool:

·
Banned
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by topher924
I PERFER SHINDAWA. WHAT DO YOU PULL WITH THE 74 CORVETTE?
Cool Thanks. I pull anything that lines up next to it!! :D

Brett:eek:

·
Registered
233 Posts
I run shin t260's good power and not to heavy,Don't always put power #1. think about how many hrs you have to carry it each day.My 4year old t260 runs great.new carb kit every 2 years no biggi.Shindawa all the way.:)

·
Registered
63 Posts
We run shin 230's- some are four years old. Throttle cables 7 ignition switches are all we have replaced. They are extremely light & have great power. I don't think you can go wrong with any of the three. They will all be better than your old JD.
Scott:D

·
Registered
16 Posts
Won't run anything but a stihl. Have 5 FS85s and one FS44, which is 7 years old and still runs awesome and is used every day even though it is a homeowner model. The only thing I have ever replaces is one fuel pickup that was broken by one of my guys and some starter rope. that is it.

Ken

·
Registered
273 Posts
Stihl-My biggest suggestion is buy all the same kind of trimmers, blowers, etc. The part are transferable and with stihl, you can basically strip the machine down to the piston with one tool-a torx/hex that comes with the machine when you buy it. this makes repairs easy.

·
Banned
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks for all the replies. I bought a Shin 231 today. If it gives me as good of service as my JD trimmer has, I'll be more than happy. Thanks again for the help!!

Brett

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.